Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Karl's Energy Boosting Smoothie

Karl's Energy Boosting Smoothie
This smoothie is absolutely amazing. It provides me with all the nutrients I need and the essential fats to keep me going all day. One of the things that I notice about the smoothie is how good I feel immediately after drinking it. Sort of feels like my body breaking out in song and dance thanking me for looking after it.

If you want to have a go (and I encourage you - it is certainly very good for your body) here's the recipe. You can of course play around with it and adjust the content to suit your own taste buds.

Ingredients
1 cup raw spinach
1-2 inches cucumber
1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup red capsicum
1 tbsp flaxseed - we all know it contains heaps of Omega-3
1 tbsp black sesame seed - provide an antioxidant oil called sesamol
90ml coconut cream (I use a brand called Ayam - it's pure coconut cream with no preservatives or emulsifiers
1 tbsp coconut oil (I use virgin organic coconut oil by Niugini)
1 tbsp Ghee (also known as clarified butter)
1 tbsp psyllium husk

Method
This is the easy part. Just blend them all up on high speed for a few minute until its all blended.

All the ingredients in a blender

Finished product

Ready to drink

Yum! Yum! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment