Sunday, January 11, 2015

Day 7: A day of reflection

Summary
I decided to use today as a day of reflection. One week in and I feel I am making progress. I certainly feel more energetic, but can still take hold of at least 3 inches of fat :-(

Anyway, I wanted to make today a reflection on resilience and the ability to keep going no matter what the challenges I face. If I am to run 100km and more, I will certainly do that. To set the scene, my wife decided to go on short road trip to Marysville, Victoria (in Australia).

In February 14 2009, a devastating forest fire decimated this entire picturesque township on the Yarra Ranges. Some estimates put that only 5% of the entire town left standing after the fires. However, the towns folks, rather than leave the now desolate place, decided to rebuild. Six years on and the town is flourishing.

Just being there in the vicinity of buildings that once were rubble inspired me and instilled a sense of solidarity and the feeling that I can keep going despite the challenges I face.

At Steveanson's Fall - Life returning

View of falls after the fire in 2009


  

Exercise
Long walks, not timed

Diet
Lunch - Nothing
Dinner -5 chicken  wing (I think I ate too much protein today) and  a bowl of Sweet Pumpkin Salad

2 cups of coffee with 2-3 tsp of double cream

Weight & Body Fat
86kgs
26 % Body fat


No comments:

Post a Comment