Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Day 3: Alarm, what alarm?

Summary
Now, how could someone sleep through an alarm? I know I certainly can because that's exactly what I did today. Set the alarm for 5am, and instead I woke up to the sun streaming through the room when my wife opened the blinds at 7am! I literally dragged myself to the edge of my bed, sat up, rubbed my fat belly and felt sorry for myself.

I decided to work from home today, so was hoping to go for an extra long run, but that was just a dream. By 9am I was feeling lethargic and guilty. I started work on my couch and as the layers of fat in my body rolled about with each stroke of my keyboard, I knew I could not carry on pretending that its OK. I got changed and jumped on my stationary bike for an hour. It was like a sauna combined with a bike ride in my garage as the thermometer hit 35 degrees celsius (i.e. 95 degrees fahrenheit).

That got me going for the rest of the day so much so that I decided to take my son to the local pool too. Dr.Phil Maffetone, the renowned coach of Mark Allen the 6 time Hawaiian Iron-Man champion, says that for a non-professional athlete like me, I should include all my other activities that I do as part of my training volume. I don't know whether this is true or useful in achieving my goal, but after today's incident, I am redeeming myself by including the swims and splashes I had with my son at our local pool as part of my daily exercise today. 

Exercise
Morning 
Stationary bike - 1 hour (in a sauna like garage and outside was no better)

Evening
Swim and splash at a local pool with my son. Total time spent there was 1.5 hours (it was fun, especially the water slide)

Diet
Breakfast - Karl's Energy Boosting Smoothie 
Lunch - 3 slices of crunchy cheese + 1 scoop of Mouth Watering Coconut Ice-Cream
Dinner - 3 beef burger patties with cheese and lettuce leaves (I was only meant to eat 2 but as you do in a family, you tend to eat the kids leftovers... I know I shouldn't)

I had a cup of home made cocoa with cream (no sugar) in the evening.

Weight & Body Fat
87kgs (I think yesterday's measurement was wrong)
26.4 % Body fat

No comments:

Post a Comment