Monday, January 12, 2015

Day 8: A Brand new week

Summary
Monday's are my days of rest. And rest I did. There are a couple of reasons why I have chose Monday as my day of rest. One, the rubbish truck comes through on Mondays, and I just don't like the sound the truck makes. The thing I have begun enjoying is my runs in the morning, where the neighbourhood is still asleep and there is total silence. The truck just destroys that for me.

The other is Monday has always been the most stressful day of my live, ever since I can remember. Well actually since school. See, I am a care free spirit, born to be free and to do whatever I choose to do. But Monday represents the removal of that and hence I get stressed. So I figured that if Monday is my most stressful day, my body does not need any additional stress created through running. As we all know, the body releases cortisol (the stress hormone) during exercise as well whenever you feel the footsteps of your boss walking towards your cubicle. hence impacting on the development of my aerobic fitness.

Exercise
Just road my bike with my son through the local trails. Nothing serious, just us mucking around.

Diet
Lunch - Pulled pork (if you have not tried this, please do - I ate out today but am sure it is easy to cook) and a side of vegetables
Dinner -2 chicken drumstick and  a bowl of Sweet Pumpkin Salad
Dessert - Coconut Ice-Cream

2 cups of coffee with 2-3 tsp of double cream

Weight & Body Fat
I completely forgot to measure my weight this morning!

Brain Training
Meditated for 10 minutes. However emotionally I am missing my holidays and am contemplating on my life's purpose (as we do). Both thoughts have not created a positive outlook for me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment