Saturday, January 17, 2015

Day 12: The MAF Test

Summary
I always like Fridays (now who doesn't). I look forward to the longer runs and also the quality time that I get to spend with my family.Today, I have scheduled to perform a test on my maximum aerobic function (MAF). I have written the purpose of performing the MAF test here.

I have decided to use my stationary bike for the test. Using the bike allows me to ensure that I can control as many factors as possible, such as distance, terrain and ease. Further I can accurately measure many of these using the bike computer.

I have chose to test my MAF based on how much time it takes me to ride 5km and I time this three times, as in collect three data points. I will perform this test once a month to determine my progress. I expect a few things to happen:

  1. The time taken each round should increase
  2. Over the months, the time I take should decrease
  3. I may need to adjust the intensity if my current intensity setting (at 3/10) becomes too easy.

Exercise
MAF Test:
15 minute warm up
3 x 5km
20 minute cool down


Diet
Lunch - Nothing
Dinner - Roasted cauliflower and Morroccan Lamb


Weight
Will have to wait till weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment