Thursday, January 8, 2015

Day 4: A well deserved rest

Summary
I woke up later as I intentionally set it for 6 am. I felt I deserved a good rest after my long "hard" work-out. Maybe not, but I certainly felt like I earned it.  I am adopting the principle:

Endurance = Training + Rest

I am keen to pace myself so that I do not get injured and that I am making progress gradually so that my body actually naturally adopts to the increasing exercise requirement. Note that for many, what I am doing may be a gentle stroll through the park, but for an overweight guy like me, I think I am running a marathon. 

My mind is another thing I am training. I am a believer that true endurance comes from the brain's ability to control every single muscle fibre in the body. To achieve a stronger brain, I need to ensure that I don't over-stress myself, and also I am focusing on enjoying music. Apparently music has the ability to not only calm the brain, but also enhance its function including the ability to adequately control the necessary muscles I will require to run an ultra.

Exercise
None what so ever!

Diet
Lunch - Nothing (I was too full from breakfast, and didn't feel hungry at all)
Snack - 2 slices of Easy Peasy  Crunchy Cheese
Dinner - 1 piece roasted chicken thigh and 1 buffalo wing + a bowl of salad
Desert - Coconut Ice Cream

I had no coffee today!

Weight & Body Fat
87kgs
26.4 % Body fat

Brain Training
I used a pair of good headphones, lied on the couch, closed my eyes and intently listened to:

Gravity by John Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment