Monday, January 19, 2015

Day 14: A New Hope

Summary
As mentioned, I am not one who gives up easily. Today is a brand new day and I intend to continue pursuing my dream. Though my legs are a little sore, I decided to still go out for a run. I took it easy and came across Bill.

Bill is an 81 year old man, who used to box as a young lad. As he has gotten older, he has taken up sweeping the street he lives on, which is close to where I live. Every morning, Bill sweeps his street, going door-to-door to clear the driveway of his neigbours of dead leaves and fallen twigs. He never asks for payment or any reward. He does it because it keeps him healthy and he says helps him clear his mind. After more than an hour of this, he takes the neighbour's dog for a walk. Amazing and such an inspiration for me to keep going!


Bill, 81, sweeping his street


Exercise
15 warm-up
1 hour run
20 minute cool down


Diet
Breakfast - nothing
Lunch - Goan Fish Curry (may need to post the recipe - it was delicious)
Dinner - Roasted cauliflower and Sweet Pumpkin salad


No comments:

Post a Comment